Did you know that Electric Energy Costs more in the summer?
Because of increased air conditioning uses, overall customer demand for electricity is at its highest in the summer months - and our cost to serve you is also the highest in the summer. Due to the higher costs across the entire electric system, from generation to transmission to distributing electricity to your home or business, your bill is likely to incrase during this time of year.
Here are some easy ways to save energy and lower your bill during the summer.
- Get a professional air conditioning tune-up. A well-working air conditioner can save up to 15% on cooling costs. Here is more information on our Central Air Tune-Up Program and Air Conditioning Heat Pump Incentives.
- Set your thermostat to at least 80 degrees when you are away. Installing a Smart Programable Thermostat is a helpful option.
- Use your microwave instead of your oven whenever possible.
- Close shades and blinds during the day to block some of the sun's warmth.
- Use ceiling fans. The air movement in the room can make it feel several degrees cooler.
- Change to LED bulbs. They use less energy and give off far less heat. Get detials on LED Lighting Program and find out how to get current incentives.