Service Forms

Whether you need new service or are moving out of town or just moving across the street , you can find the form you need below. Have questions? Give us a call at (563) 652-6891.

Apply for New Service

Welcome to Maquoketa, Iowa! We are pleased to be your Electric Utility provider. You can stop by our office at 201 East Pleasant Street 7:30 am – 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday to complete a new service application or, if you prefer, you can download the application and bring the completed form with you. We will also need a photo ID and your Social Security Number when you apply for new service.  A copy of a lease or equivalent rental document will be required for rental property. A deposit or letter of credit from your former Electric Utility is also required. Once completed please send by mail, put it in the dropbox, or email it to us at

Application for Service Form - Residential

Application for Service Form - Business

Change Mailing Address

Occasionally, we know that our customers will want their utility bill sent to an address that is different than their service address. This can be done by calling our office at (563) 652-6891 or by completing the Change of Address form.

Terminate Service

If you are currently a Maquoketa Municipal Electric Utility residential customer and you are moving to another address within our service area, or if you are moving out of the Maquoketa Municipal Electric Utility service area, and need to close your account with us, please call us at (563) 652-6891 to let us know your anticipated termination date. You can also complete the Request to Discontinue Service form. Once completed please send by mail, put it in the dropbox, or email it to us at

Report Street Light Outage

We appreciate your assistance in making Maquoketa a safer place for pedestrians, traffic and the community.

If you see a city street light out, please submit the Street Light Outage form. Maquoketa Municipal Electric Utility will take the appropriate action to make sure the light is replaced in a reasonable amount of time.

Electrical Work - Service Request

If you are an electrician doing work and requesting electrical service work from MMEU, the following form needs to be completed and returned to our office, along with a copy of you state lice. A 48 hour notice is required for any service request.

Electrician - Request for Electrical Service Form


If you are interested in paying your Electric Bill automatically through your bank account on the due date of each month. Use the form below. Once completed please send by mail, put it in the dropbox, or email it to us at

ACH Form