We understand the concern and uncertainty many people are feeling regarding the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19). As your locally-owned, not-for-profit utility, we want to assure you that Maquoketa Municipal Electric Utility is here to serve you.
Our top priority is, as always, protecting the health and safety of our employees, our customers and our community. We are closely monitoring this rapidly evolving situation, and our utility is prepared and equipped to continue delivering you safe, reliable service and to responding to outages.
Here are just some of the steps we are taking:
- We have staffing plans in place to ensure our electric distribution, power plant, customer service, and other critical team members can continue to serve you.
- The utility office is closed to walk-in traffic until further notice. We encourage you to communicate with us via email or telephone.
- If you experience an outage, please contact 563-652-6891 M-F 7:30am - 4:30pm. After hours, call the Maquoketa Law Center 563-652-2468.
- Our employees have been instructed to give their full attention to social distancing and good health habits that help prevent the spread of communicable diseases such as COVID-19, and we have further enhanced sanitation within our facilities.
- We have many payments options available. You can pay your bill online (mmeu.org), at our office outside drop box, by phone or by mail.
- If you are having difficulty paying your bill, please contact us at 563-652-6891 or email@example.com. We want you to know that at this time customers who are unable to pay will not be disconnected for nonpayment, and late charges have been waived for this months bills; however, to ensure that we can continue providing the service you expect and deserve, we ask that customers able to continue timely payment of their bills please do so.
We will work to keep this information current as circumstances may continue to evolve.
Our utility has been providing safe, reliable, local service in Maquoketa for more than 100 years. We are all in this together as a community, and our commitment to you remains unchanged.